Facebook engagement is easier and more valuable than you ever imagined.
I found this out the hard way.
At one point, I was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a month on Facebook Ads.
Sure, I was getting some huge successes. But I was also wasting a ton of money.
For example, I once spent $400,000 on Facebook fan page likes.
I still feel dumb for that one…
The engagement just wasn’t there. I had a large number of fans but very little actual engagement.
I had no idea that hidden tools within Facebook’s apps, extensions, insights, tactics, and bots that could have made my Facebook ad spend 80 times more effective.
Facebook marketing is like an iceberg. Most people see the top part — Facebook ads. They spend their entire time optimizing that little bit of potential.
The real power is underneath. It’s hidden.
And that’s why I created this list.
I want you to know exactly what those hidden Facebook marketing tools are and how you can increase your engagement by 154% as I did.
Now before we get started, for the first few hidden tools you need Mobile Monkeyto utilize all of the tactics (it’s free). In addition to that, some of the hidden tools that I’ll uncover are within Facebook… you just don’t know about them. 😉
Hidden Tool #1: Facebook Messenger Marketing
Okay, I’m starting out with a big, broad one.
It’s hiding in plain sight: Facebook Messenger marketing.
For some reason, not very many marketers are taking advantage of Messenger marketing, even though it’s the hottest opportunity in digital marketing today.
What does this mean for you? It means that you can gain first mover’s advantage.
Using Facebook Messenger for marketing is as simple as it sounds… you send messages to customers on Facebook Messenger.
What makes this channel different from other marketing methods like email marketing is the results.
- Facebook Messenger messages have an open rate of 50-80%.
- Facebook Messenger messages have a clickthrough rate of 20%, especially when using chat blasting.
- Facebook Messenger messages have a conversion rate of 3-5x higher than Facebook desktop ads.
- Facebook Messenger marketing costs 30-50x less than Facebook ad campaigns (when using Facebook Send To Messenger Ads)
Where else can you get engagement results like that?
I don’t know of any, and I’ve done quite a bit of online marketing.
The best way to get started with Facebook Messenger marketing is withMobileMonkey.
MobileMonkey is a powerful chatbot builder that I use personally. Chatbots are essential for scoring sky-high open rates, CTRs, and conversion rates.
And best of all, it’s free.
Hidden Tool #2: Comment Guard (Private Reply via Messenger)
A comment guard is a Facebook Messenger marketing feature that allows you to add new contacts to your contact list when they comment on your Facebook post.
It’s like a magic elixir for engagement.
It works like this.
- You post something on Facebook as usual.
- People comment on your post.
- Anyone who comments on the post gets your automatic private reply in Messenger.
- When they engage with this reply, they are added to your Facebook Messenger contact list.
The mobile screenshot below displays exactly what happens.
There’s way more to Facebook than meets the eye.
I have a strong sense that Facebook marketing isn’t going to decline in the next 2-4 years. It’s going to become exponentially more powerful.
There’s a reason why so many of the hidden marketing tools above focus on Facebook Messenger.
Facebook Messenger marketing has fundamentally changed the game, and it’s done so in two areas where marketing rises or falls:
- Interactivity or dialogue — Messenger marketing, even when powered by a bot, has a personal feel. Instead of bullhorn marketing — telling your audience to do, buy, read, visit, watch. You’re asking for their feedback and opening up a conversation.
- Speed of engagement — Unlike the glacial speed of email marketing (like drip campaigns), Messenger marketing has a much swifter cadence. Many people have a pavlovian response to the crisp ding of their Messenger notifications. They want to see who’s sending them a personal message. This means your open rates and click through rates are shooting up.
It’s not going to last forever. Like the banner ads of decades past, Messenger marketing will lose its luster as people become accustomed to it.
By engaging Messenger marketing now, you’ll have a far stronger advantage.
What Messenger marketing tactics does your brand or business currently use?